replacement battery

Reaction score
I have a mid 2009 MacBook pro 13 and my battery is done. I'm looking online for a replacement battery and there are a ton of them. anyone have recommendations on certain brands or where I should buy one from. thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Our recommendation is to either purchase direct from Apple (if available) or from Mac Sales. The link to Mac Sales and their battery stock is here. Apple and Mac Sales prices are going to be higher than what you'll find on eBay, Amazon, and other places. However, you'll be assured of a good quality battery.

C

chas_m

Super-cheap batteries are super-cheap because they have bypassed crucial safety and engineering considerations, and are more prone to catching fire if overheated, exploding, etc.

Don't put your safety at risk. Buy from reputable replacement battery manufacturers and dealers only, as suggested above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.