Bluetooth adventure

Reaction score
I'm new to Mac and have a Macbook Air. My Blue tooth speakers appear in the list of sounds devices in settings but the link is not working.Can anybody help? Any and all help appreciated

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you explain what you mean by the lin k is not working? Entries in the Sounds preferences pane are not "clickable" in the same sense as links on a web page. Generally all that happens is that the computer is directed to push sound out to that device.

For testing purposes try it for both normal sounds (like music) and alert sounds. Depending upon your settings they may not both go to the same device.

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry my explanation on my post wasn't very clear.When I click Bluetooth I see My Keyboard as connected and it is working.I also see my Kanto Bluetooth Speakers as not connected and i can't seem to find a way to connect them.The Kanto YU3 Speakers are indicating they are seeing the signal but no music coming.They work fine with my iPhone

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you try to use the speakers are they still paired with the phone. Some Bluetooth devices will only pair with one device at a time.

Also, Some devices pair fine with phones but don't play nice with computers. It's less true than it used to be but there are some devices that pair with phones/tablets but don't play nice with Bluetooth on the computer.

OP
N
Reaction score
When I was trying to get the Mac to work with the speakers the phone was not turned on

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I was trying to get the Mac to work with the speakers the phone was not turned on

I don't think that is what really matters. If you are having the problem that I did with a headset it simply would not pair with a computer reliably regardless to whether the phone was off or on.

I don't necessarily think that is the problem here but it is something that needs to be ruled out. In my case the headset was made to be paired with an iPhone or iPad but the marketing suggested it would pair with a computer as well which turned out to be untrue,

If Charlie's suggestion doesn't work it might be time to contact the manufacturer.

C

chas_m

Sometimes you may be prompted to put in a "key" or "passcode" for Bluetooth devices. If you see this during a re-pairing attempt, try 0000 -- this works frequently for BT headphones and is rarely mentioned in the manuals. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.