MacBook Pro screen replacement doesn't display correctly

Reaction score
I've tried to replace the display on my MacBook Pro (ME294ll/a) Late 2013 but the image is not displayed correctly. It looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/J9TOewx.jpg

My brother had the same problem:

http://i.imgur.com/N9TbN2u.jpg

…but he just reconnected the ribbon cable and the screen began to work correctly. I tried several times to reconnect the ribbon cable, but to no avail.

I tried to change the connector from crashed display – it didn't help. GPU is also ok because I use external monitor right now. Replacement screen also must be suitable (model: 661-8310). I've bought a brand new.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might try a new ribbon cable since you know the display and connectors are probably OK. One of the problems in changing out major components on these compacted machines is that everything is so sensitively connected and placed. It's very easy to damage something when doing the maintenance.

OP
P
Reaction score
You might try a new ribbon cable since you know the display and connectors are probably OK. One of the problems in changing out major components on these compacted machines is that everything is so sensitively connected and placed. It's very easy to damage something when doing the maintenance.

Probably, this is so, but how can I check what exactly is a problem? I've tried to connect my old broken display and now the picture on it is the same as on the new one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way to pinpoint a problem such as you're having is by the process of elimination, and that means spending money on replacement parts such as the ribbon cable. I assume you've been to www.ifixit.com and taken a look at the breakdown of your machine? That may help you to narrow it down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.