'permissions' issue with exported iphoto pictures in finder

Reaction score
hello,

i’d like to be able to export photos from an album in iphoto and then view the photos individually (in preview, and perhaps share the files with other users not using iphoto.)

I have successfully exported the photos but when i try to open the newly exported photos i am confronted with the following message:

The file “IMG_8846.jpg” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.
To view or change permissions, select the item in the finder and choose File > Get Info.

I have checked the permissions. They all are listed as “Read & Write”. This problem is found when exporting the pictures to my desktop (on my main hardrive), to my secondary hardrive, and to one of my external hardrives.

Could someone kindly let me know what i can do so that exported photos are viewable?

Many Thanks

Peter

Mac OS X 10.9.4
iphoto 9.4.3
Mac Pro. 2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2008 3,1 "Harpertown") 22 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM (RAM)

Reaction score
The files might be marked as Read-Write but what shows as the Owner?

OP
P
Reaction score
Cradom, thanks so much for your reply :)

i'm not sure how to see who is the 'owner'. I looked on the info and did not see this element.

Nonetheless, the problem has now been solved. It seems that reseting the permissions within iphoto was the difficulty.

Thanks for your reply and best wishes!

Reaction score
Just so you'll know, it's usually the first name in the list. There are other ways to find out but require Terminal.

Analyst-Desktop-Binder-REDACTED.pdf Info 2015-07-30 09-42-29.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.