Trouble Connecting imac to Linksys

Reaction score
I have two older imacs g3 with Airport cards installed. What do I need to do to get them to recognize my linksys wireless connection. With my powerbook G4 it just picked it up right away.

Are there any tests that I can run? One has OSX 10.3.5 and the other is still 9.2.2

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Are you broadcast in Mixed mode. Older Airport cards are 802.11b and newer AE cards are 802.11g. Mixed mode will allow both. If G only is sellected you will have problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
snavemit said:
I have two older imacs g3 with Airport cards installed. What do I need to do to get them to recognize my linksys wireless connection. With my powerbook G4 it just picked it up right away.

Are there any tests that I can run? One has OSX 10.3.5 and the other is still 9.2.2

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not positive but my guess is that your iMac running OS 9.2.2 is the one not recognizing the Linksys. You may have to upgrade to Tiger. I know nothing about Classic so I can't help you out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.