Yosemite upgrade, lost Safari bookmarks

Reaction score
Previous favorites have all been changed as direct links. I cannot open any web pages. It appears I need to go directly to each web page and make a new favorite link.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

Your post, to me, makes no sense. The title is about Yosemite, but you talked about something entirely different.

Please read the link in my sig and repost with more useful information.

OP
R
Reaction score
post Yosemite upgrade

My previous OS was Mavericks. After upgrade to Yosemite I lost all favorites/bookmarks, when on Safari. They still show as bookmarks but don't go anywhere. The address that shows has much more text and characters than the plain text addresses as before.

OP
R
Reaction score
file:///Users/paullux/Desktop/DELL%20TRANSFER/Favorites/BSA/Boy%20Scouts%20of%20America%20-%20MyScouting.org.url

This bookmark should be for BSA.org.
All others have similar text in the address.
Excuse me if I am asking questions in the wrong place.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
While Yosemite does install a newer version of Safari, that should not have altered your bookmarks in any way. I have no idea what went wrong or possibly that you may have changed accidentally. However, if you made a Time Machine backup prior to the upgrade to Yosemite (As Apple recommended) then you can restore your bookmarks. If you have no backup, you'll need to visit each site and create a new bookmark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.