printer software suggestion

Reaction score
For my Canon MX922, I need a simple software package to print ON the CD / DVD I record. I don't want to print on an adhesive label.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
For my Canon MX922, I need a simple software package to print ON the CD / DVD I record. I don't want to print on an adhesive label.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I own the same printer and have printed directly to the optical disc surface (of course, you need to buy 'printable' discs - not that more expensive). Second, Canon offers a free program called My Image Garden (click on 'software') - kind of clunky but works once you've done a few discs - here's a YouTube video showing the process - the user manual has plenty of written instructions. Now there is likely other software (probably more user friendly?) that can do the same but I have no other recommendations. Let us know your results - I'm sure others will be interested. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.