Synchronise Mac Desktop with Mac Book Air

Reaction score
Hi All.
I am going sailing for 10 days on Tuesday early. I have a Mac Desktop 10.9.5 and a Mac Book Air 10.9.5.
The Air belongs to my wife and I am in as a "guest". Clearly I don't want to take the desktop on a yacht so can I sync my Desktop with her Air so I am effectively using my computer while I am away. Particularly important with iCloud mail structure, as I can put all my other files on a stick and copy them across.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Are you planning to connect to your desktop? Team Viewer is perfect for that if you have wireless access. You log in to you desktop and the MB Air's screen will look like your desktop at home. It is free for a single user.

Lisa

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa.
I have used Team Viewer before but both machines were in a good wireless zone. I will be sailing down the caribbean island chain where the islands are not renowned for their wireless access. It is the best we can do to get 3G on our iPhone's when close to shore. I was more hoping to be able to sync the mail structure and mail account that I have on my desktop with her Air so that while I am away I will be using it as if I was using mail on my desktop . Then when I return I sync them again and update the desktop with what I did when I was away. I have been told that I am not a "Guest" on the AIR, I have an account of my own. Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I was wondering about the availability of service. Not sure what else to suggest. Have fun on your trip!

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.