Language translation

Reaction score
I have a printed document written in German and need English translation. If I scan this document to, say, PDF, does anybody know an easy way to get translation. I can find ways to translate individual words but not whole printed documents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have a printed document written in German and need English translation. If I scan this document to, say, PDF, does anybody know an easy way to get translation. I can find ways to translate individual words but not whole printed documents.

If you scan using OCR (optical character recognition), then the text will be more easily recognized by a computer, so just a consideration. Also, there are plenty of online 'translation sites', many are free for a small amount of text but depending on the document's size, you may have to pay? - just one HERE - might want to contact them for a quote? Dave :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you, Dave.
OCR creation is not a problem, it is the translate sites. There are many where translation happens as you type, but none where a scanned document, even in OCR, can be translated.
This is likely to be a regular thing for me so I would really like to find software somewhere and thought my Macbook Pro would have the answer hidden away.
I looked at the translation widget in OSX but that is just individual word based too.
I'll keep trying.
Richard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.