unable to open tiff file

Reaction score
i am unable to open tiff file on my macbook pro. even previewer does not work. it says it is corrupted. pl advise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If preview says that the file is corrupted then you need to get a new version of that TIF file.
Are you sure that it is a TIF file or just a file with the extension TIF ?
What version of OS X are you running ?

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
i am unable to open tiff file on my macbook pro. even previewer does not work. it says it is corrupted. pl advise

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Member McBie is correct, i.e. is the file really a TIFF and is it corrupted - you need to download it again and/or check on its validity - Preview easily opens this image file type, so that should not be the issue - let us know your results. Dave

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Member McBie is correct, i.e. is the file really a TIFF and is it corrupted - you need to download it again and/or check on its validity - Preview easily opens this image file type, so that should not be the issue - let us know your results. Dave

there are two observations:
a) file extension is .tif and not .tiff
b) OS is 10.10.4

Your suggestions please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
My suggestion is to read posts #2 & #3 again and get a new version of that TIF file.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.