Default settings in Photo

Reaction score
Can one change the default operation settings in the new Photos that comes with Yosemite? For example, when I go to "crop" I always want to retain original aspect ratio but the default is "Freeform" and it's annoying to have to change it every time.
Thanks.

C

chas_m

At the moment, Photos doesn't retain that sort of preference. Please use the feedback button in the program to send a report about that. My understanding is that Photos will be seeing a significant update with the release of OS X 10.11 El Capitan in the fall, but I have no idea if that specific thing will be changed or made a preference that can be set. It's a good idea though, so I encourage you to send in feedback on it!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There isn't a feedback button in Photos. There may have been when it was being tested as a beta, but no longer. You can always send in a suggestion to Apple. Maybe that's what chas_m was referring to?

C

chas_m

My apologies for not specifying where it is. You can find the feedback button by checking the "Help" menu:

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 10.45.35 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK chas, I know my computer glasses are getting old (so am I), but there is no feedback annotation that I can find when I go into Photos Help. I checked everything in the help menu including "Service and Support" but no feedback. Are you by chance still using a beta?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.