find my music, movie and photo files after using migration assistant

Reaction score
I have logged in to the new user account created by the migration assistant while migrating files from Windows to Mac. But even after using Finder, I am unable to locate music, movie and photo files though I have located my documents. One of the previous responses mentioned that these are on iTunes and iPhoto. iPhoto does not come with OS X and my music files are not in iTunes. Can someone help. Thank you.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

It's hard to help without knowing what Mac and what version of OS X. Click on the Apple upper left, then About this Mac and get the Mac model and OS X version from the resulting window.

You can do a search from Finder for your music, then once you fine ONE, the rest should be there as well. For example, open Finder and in the little space upper right of the window is a box with a magnifying glass icon. In that window type ".mp3" and Finder will display all the files ending in ".MP3" it can find. Look for one that is your music, then move to it, right click (Ctrl-click) and Show in Enclosing Folder. The resulting folder should then show all the other music tracks from that Album and by moving up one level, where the rest of the albums are located. You can also do that same search for your movies, using whatever extent the files may have.

Until we know what version OS X you have, we can't help with iPhoto. The newest photo handling software from Apple is Photos, which came with OS X 10.10.4, but as I said, untll we know what you have, we cannot help properly.

OP
D
Reaction score
I searched mp3 and looked up the path and managed to find all other files too. Thank you very much for your suggestion MacInWin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.