Diagonal patterns

Reaction score
HelloO :)

My macbook pro from 2007 suddenly froze and got diagonal patterns al over the screen, that just won't go away, no matter what. Would love some help to fix this challenge! Big Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It sounds like the GPU has bit the dust. Another possibility could be a loose cable connection inside the case (although I doubt that would lead to a frozen computer... it should work, other than you can't see what you are doing). If you REALLY want to go mucking about in the internals, review the appropriate guide from iFixit and have at it. Bear in mind that you can't replace/repair a faulty component on these boards, so at best you can fiddle with any relevant connectors... IF you know what you are doing.
https://www.ifixit.com/Device/MacBook_Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The mid-late 2007 MBPro had a bad GPU problem and Apple had an extended warranty fix to fix the problem, now long expired, which required the complete logic board replacement, so maybe yours has finally gone kaput.

I have one of those models which I got fixed under Apple's extended fix, just under the wire but quite a while ago now.

But the problem then generally was the MBPro just wouldn't boot and a dead boac screen was the best activity that might happen!!

So probably not worth fixing now unless it's a different problem. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.