USB Turntable help

Reaction score
I'm looking for USB turntable software that will work with my Macbook Pro. I have access to a turntable but no software came with it. I've searched online but most use the built in mic or line input to record (kind of defeats the purpose of a USB device). Any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Hi. I used a Griffin iMic together with ClickRepair software when I converted my LPs to a digital format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I'm looking for USB turntable software that will work with my Macbook Pro. I have access to a turntable but no software came with it. I've searched online but most use the built in mic or line input to record (kind of defeats the purpose of a USB device). Any ideas? Thanks

So, the turntable has a USB connection to your Mac?
If so, it will most likely be recognized as a sound input device, and you will just need to go to System Prefs > Sound > Input and select it as the active input.
Does it show up there?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Good question. I didn't even think of that as a possibility.

If you're right then most audio recording software should recognize it and allow the OP to record the records.

C

chas_m

Yeah, there should be no need for any special drivers or software other than something that can accept USB sound input, so pretty much any recording app -- Garageband, Audacity, Amadeus Pro, Audio Hijack, Piezo, Musicbox, Sound Studio ... the list goes on and on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.