Problem with start-up screen, no USB or bluetooth

Reaction score
My USB hasn't worked on my Imac, so I tried troubleshooting. Long story short: Upon restart, when I get the sign-in screen, I have no USB (still not working), and no Bluetooth (don't know why). With a wireless keyboard and mouse, I can't move the cursor or sign in. I tried a USB mouse but USB ports are still not working. Also, I have no CD drive because it stopped working 6 months after I bought it. I'm a novice who would appreciate any suggestions about somehow logging back in and getting to work on the USB's and (now) bluetooth connectivity. Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We need to know more about exactly which iMac you have and exactly what troubleshooting steps you've tried.

OP
O
Reaction score
We need to know more about exactly which iMac you have and exactly what troubleshooting steps you've tried.[/QUOTE
My iMac is a 21.5 inch late 2009 model, MC413LL/A.
OS X: Yosemite 10.10.4
The only troubleshooting I have attempted is to unplug the computer, plug it back in, and turn it on using the external button on the back left of the monitor. When the sign-in screen comes up, I have no way to move the wireless mouse or to use the wireless keyboard to log in (no Bluetooth). I have tried a USB keyboard, but USB ports don't work, which has been an off an ongoing issue for years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.