First Post!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
I have been looking and lurking through the site for the last two weeks and I have to say that I am blown away!!! Very insightful and knowledge filled place! I decided to expand my horizons and purchased my first mac on March 14, 2006. (MacBook Pro 1.83 GHZ 100 GB HD). I have to say that I have been using M$ OS based pcs since 1992 (when I was 13 years old). So I have been exposed to Windows from 3.1 through my current Media Center 2005. I have to say that OS X seems to be more user friendly. (kinda like I look for something and its there). NO gripes just utter bliss!!! :) I love the fact that the product just works right out the box. I have had nightmares setting up pcs I assembled previously :eek:neye: I purcahsed a Airport Express w/ my MBP and was on the internet within 4 minutes with no hassles! I can work through my house effortlessly. I have to say that this was money well invested and I look forward to building my knowledge base on my new toy!!!!

Just had to share

Reaction score
Welcome to MacForums and have fun with your new MacBook Pro!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Welcome to the forums! I too, am 13 years old (actually 14 on the tenth) and a mac fan!

Family's got an iMac... and I'm saving up for the intel iBook... gotta pay for all of it.
Funny, just looked up at your name, you're from charlotte, I'm from Raleigh. Small world.

Anyway, enjoy the mac, and if you have any questions..here's where it's at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy many years of hassle-free Mac-ing! :black:

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pierre, Thanks for the heads up info! I actually got my first computer when I was 13 years old back in 1992 386DX25 (math co-processors where a status symbol back then!!) with a whooping 80 MB HD running windows 3.1 with a blisterring 2 MB of RAM. So I have come full circle and currently outside of my MBP I have 2 Shuttle XPC's with the same specs: 3.2GHz P4; 2.0 GB of Ram; 250 GB SATA HD; DVD+DL with Media Center 2005. The change was definitely needed to a mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Game2954 said:
Pierre, Thanks for the heads up info! I actually got my first computer when I was 13 years old back in 1992 386DX25 (math co-processors where a status symbol back then!!) with a whooping 80 MB HD running windows 3.1 with a blisterring 2 MB of RAM. So I have come full circle and currently outside of my MBP I have 2 Shuttle XPC's with the same specs: 3.2GHz P4; 2.0 GB of Ram; 250 GB SATA HD; DVD+DL with Media Center 2005. The change was definitely needed to a mac!

haha.. oh, i was confused... thought you were a 13 year old, but you got into computers then... gotcha...

See, this is why they locked me inside with my Mac. Eh, no worries.
I remember my dad telling me a story about when he was on the PTA and they were decided whether to get a 10 or 15mb harddrives. They went for the 10 because 15 was way too expensive and just not justified.

--Pierre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Congrats on the purchase...You will never look back to windows after using such an efficient, effective, and stable OS.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am definitely seeing the differences everyday..

C

caveatipss

Pierre said:
haha.. oh, i was confused... thought you were a 13 year old, but you got into computers then... gotcha...

See, this is why they locked me inside with my Mac. Eh, no worries.
I remember my dad telling me a story about when he was on the PTA and they were decided whether to get a 10 or 15mb harddrives. They went for the 10 because 15 was way too expensive and just not justified.

--Pierre

lol...my first computer that I owned was an Apple IIe. No hard drive, 8" floppies, 256 KILObytes of RAM, and a monochrome green-screen. lol it seemed so fantastic then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Welcome to Mac-Forums. Enjoy your macbook pro..
If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Reaction score
welcome to the forums. i felt the same ever since i booted up my first mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Welcome, if you have any problems just ask, it's a pleasure to help. As for that good feeling inside, it lasts forever. ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just ordered 1 GB PC2-5300 Ram should arrive in 2 days!!!! Life is excellent :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Game2954 said:
Just ordered 1 GB PC2-5300 Ram should arrive in 2 days!!!! Life is excellent :)

Your **** is gonna flyy bro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0
caveatipss said:
lol...my first computer that I owned was an Apple IIe. No hard drive, 8" floppies, 256 KILObytes of RAM, and a monochrome green-screen. lol it seemed so fantastic then.

LOL! My first was - get this - a Commodore Pet 32 with a whopping 32kb of memory. It still ran a decent Pac-Man though. :alien:

I'm coming from a ThinkPad, which is actually a really great machine for lefties. I reset my touchpad today to start learning ahead of the arrival of the MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.