I tried an experiment...

Reaction score
I have Google Drive on my Mac mini. I created a google doc test file & saved it to Google Drive. I opened a 2nd Finder window & tried dragging & dropping the .gdoc file from Google Drive to iCloud Drive. It moved back to Google Drive. I then tried dragging & dropping to iCloud Drive & then pausing over the iCloud Drive folder. When I released my left finger, the file moved back to Google Drive. Then I right-clicked the file in Google Drive & clicked on "Copy". Then I clicked on iCloud Drive, but no "Paste" option was available.

I wasn't sure if it would work, but I tried. Why was I unsuccessful? Is it possible to copy or move files from Google Drive to iCloud Drive or vice versa?

M

MacInWin

I think you have to "move" it through a local drive. I don't think cloud-to-cloud moves are possible.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Jake is right. Only angels can move from cloud to cloud. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.