PPC 603E card

Reaction score
Hello fellow Macintosh fans from Amiga fan ;)

I was brought here by my recent acquirement. Apart from that it is a PPC upgrade card I have no idea what kind of Macintosh it is for. I'm confident I'm in a right place and can count on your knowledge :)

Here are the pictures (the card was in this box with some SIMM memory RAM):

Also, there was this following add on card (it fits perfectly to the slot located on the PPC card):

What you say?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My best guess is that it's a cpu upgrade card for a mid-late 1990's Powerbook. The small form factor also indicates that it most likely is an upgrade for a laptop computer.

On the back of the card it says "Apple Computer Inc. 1993, 94". I think that this is too early for a PPC 603e upgrade card for that early of a Mac computer (1993/94).

Plus the card looks very similar to a PPC 603e upgrade card I installed when I was using a Powerbook 1400.

It's definitely a very old piece of Mac compatible hardware. Probably not worth a whole lot. But if posted on eBay…someone might pay a few bucks for it.:)

- Nick

OP
U
Reaction score
You might be right. Will see what others say.
Regarding sale on eBay... I'd prefer an exchange for something to Amiga computer :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.