Preview Question

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to change the font size in Preview and can't do it. I've done it before with no problem, but this time, even though I have the box open and have clicked on different font sizes, it will not change. I've tried exiting and reopening preview, but that hasn't helped.

Thanks,

C

chas_m

Since Preview is not a word processor, perhaps you can tell us a little about the document you have open in it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Yes I think chas-m has hit the nail on the head as he often does. When you say you finally got the "box" open I take it you are referring to the annotation tool box. This works for PDF files and pictures but not for MS Word documents. The font settings are for annotation only. That is, if you want to underline text in a PDF or add an arrow with text saying, "Delete this passage" you can change the size, font and colour of that text but not the content of the original PDF.
So Preview has a number of useful tricks but editing a document is not one of them. For that you need a word processor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.