Wireless G ,does my iMac need anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
Does my Mac need anything?

I'm setting up a wireless network with wireless G router from Linksys. I am using a Windows XP PC as well as this new Intel iMac. I have a USB for the interception of the connection so i dont have to install hardware in it. Will I need to have a similar thing for the intel iMac for it to get wireless access? I has built in airport or something but is that just for the apple airport wireless access?

Any help? thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
Anyone? Sorry, I just need to know if the built in would work or would I need a card quickly so I could buy a card if needed before its all set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Beemer said:
Anyone? Sorry, I just need to know if the built in would work or would I need a card quickly so I could buy a card if needed before its all set up.

Yes, it has 802.11g, and your wireless Linksys router should be all you need. My 802.11g in my PB works fine with my wireless Linksys router.

Here's a link to Apple's site that gives more detail technical specifications.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
Alright thank you.

Hopefully they can get it working all right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.