Sat>IP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Hello everyone, I want to connect the socket on the picture (my room's socket) with Sat>IP device. My question is I'll be able to receive signal or it needs to connect it directly on the LNB (socket from Satellite dish) ? I am in Europe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The wall socket looks like a coaxial cable connection for TV. If the satellite dish uses the same type of cable - coaxial cable(and I am guessing that is what it is) and you can access that cable to attach it to the satellite then it should work. You would then have to connect the inside cable to your modem from the satellite provider.

But I am guess what the cable is behind the connector. Also it depends on what the satellite provide requires. You will have to contact them.

Lisa

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Thank you Lisa, this is true, it's coaxial cable connection for TV. Satellite dish use the same cable type also. I will try it. Unfortunately my digital provider doesn't know about how to do what I'm trying. (to see TV on my iMac). My electrician is not sure as well :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I guess I should ask if the satellite is for tv or internet. I was assuming satellite TV as satellite internet in the US is VERY expensive and not really usable for streaming a lot of video unless you have deep pockets.

I was going to suggest Apple TV but I am not sure if that will work for you but you can check it out: Apple TV.

Lisa

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
It is for TV only. The device which I'd like to connect to my Network uses the Wi-Fi (not the Internet).
I prefer Live TV (I'm a subscriber in a channel which I pay), also I watch sometimes movies with iTunes.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
I googled enough all these days and the result is no TV tuner for my needs. I'd like a TV Tuner or Sat>IP System with which I be able to watch encrypted channel. I have a set-top box and I watch only this channel (from this one I can see all the other)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.