Mail won't delete correctly on mac

Reaction score
When I delete mail on my mac, (In both google and iCloud inboxes) the mail disappears as soon as I press the delete button, as if it is being moved to the trash folder. If I then view the contents of the trash folder, the deleted messages are not there. Looking back at the original inbox, the emails always reappear as if they had never been deleted in the first place. This is EXTREMELY annoying. Does anyone have any fixes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're deleting mail and it's not winding up in the Trash, then you're not really deleting them which is why they're still showing up in your inbox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
When I delete mail on my mac, (In both google and iCloud inboxes) the mail disappears as soon as I press the delete button, as if it is being moved to the trash folder. If I then view the contents of the trash folder, the deleted messages are not there. Looking back at the original inbox, the emails always reappear as if they had never been deleted in the first place. This is EXTREMELY annoying. Does anyone have any fixes?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You opening information is sparse making a helpful response difficult, sorry. Please provide some further information: 1) What Mac (model/year) are you using; 2) What OS X is installed; 3) Are you using the Mail App in the OS X; 4) How many accounts do you have setup in Mail, if using the app; and 5) Who are the ISPs you are using? May help us offer more specific suggestions. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.