message when trying to save a file on powerpoint

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums Margaret.

We are going to need a lot more information from you before we can try to assist. First, tell us about your Mac: year and model. And which version of OS X it's running. Next, what version of Powerpoint are you having difficulty with? And please tell us more about the error you received when trying to (I assume) access a Powerpoint file or the program?

OP
M
Reaction score
when I try to close a Powerpont file on which I have worked on several occasions using Powerpoint for mac 201 version 14.3.9 (131031) latest install update 14.3.9 I get the message in my subject and I am using MAC HD OSX 10.10.3...I tried changing the name on the file but that did not help. It has about 20 slides - not an outrageous amount. Your help gratefully received.

OP
M
Reaction score
Using power point for mac 201 version 14.3.9 and have been working on a slide presentation for a week; it saved in the past but now it will not save, saying there is no access. What to do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, you're way behind in your updates to MS Office 2011. The most current version is 14.5.3 so you're missing at least two major updates and probably 4 others. Also your version of Yosemite needs to be updated to 10.10.4.

OK, now to your problem: It appears your Powerpoint file is corrupt which is why it won't save. Do you have a backup?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.