Yosemite dock and buttons upgrade

Reaction score
I upgraded one of my Macbook Pro’s from Lion to Yosemite and like it so far except for its overly simple upper left window buttons and dock. I returned the dock to the former visually pleasing and easier to see dock of former versions by using cDock: Get a 3D Dock Again in OS X Yosemite (or a Transparent Dock too) | OSXDaily
but I am still looking for an app to get the old style buttons. If you know of one then shoot it my way, please

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I returned the dock to the former visually pleasing and easier to see dock of former versions by using cDock:

Then you had better not upgrade to 10.10.4 because cDock no longer works there and the developer does not know when he'll fix it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You sure that will work with Yosemite and what about El Capitan? I'm always hesitant to recommend a theme changing program because many of them do more harm than good.

Reaction score
I've used the original with Mavericks. 2 is supposed to be for Yosemite. I haven't tried it (yet).
El Stupidname? No idea. :)

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't want different themes, just window buttons.
from Wikipedia: El Capitan is a vertical rock formation in Yosemite National Park, located on the north side of Yosemite Valley, near its western end. The granite monolith extends about 3,000 feet (900 m) from base to summit along its tallest face, and is one of the world's favorite challenges for rock climbers and BASE jumpers.
Apple-Inc.-Refines-Mac-Experience-With-OS-X-El-Capitan.jpg

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
I don't want different themes, just window buttons.
The themes change the look of the window controls (what you call "buttons"). Currently, I think this is the only way to do this.

from Wikipedia: El Capitan is a vertical rock formation in Yosemite National Park, located on the north side of Yosemite Valley, near its western end. The granite monolith extends about 3,000 feet (900 m) from base to summit along its tallest face, and is one of the world's favorite challenges for rock climbers and BASE jumpers.
Been there several times, but thanks for the geography lesson :p

OP
J
Reaction score
looking at that Flavours page it seems that the themes vary but not the window buttons, which is what I want to change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think of it this way. The more apps to change the OS appearances, the more chances of problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.