TV Tuner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Hello, I'd like to buy a TV Tuner for my iMac (Yosemite 10.10.4). Now I use Hybrid but I don't have the perfect image quality (it is pixelated). I tried DVB-T (Eye TV Go) but I can't see my favorite channel which is DVB-S/S2. My connection is simple : Coaxial RF cable from my room's socket to TV Tuner. Could you suggest me a TV Tuner to show me what my socket antenna bring me now ? Thanks.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Hi everyone, I have Hybrid from Elgato as I mentioned but I can see only one analog channel with not very good image. Does anyone knows how can I improve my image's quality for this analog channel ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can only relate to my experiences when our local stations here in Dallas - Fort Worth began broadcasting digital channels rather than analog. Without a converter all channels appeared pixelated or broken up. However, once we placed the converter between the antenna and the TV input, the channels came in clear. I suspect you may need a converter of some sort, however, I have no idea where in the world you're at.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Hello chscag, thanks for the response. I am in Greece.
Is there a way to convert the signal to digital on my iMac ;

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe Greece uses PAL but that shouldn't matter. You do need some sort of a converter to change the analog input to digital so that it works with your Mac. Shop around locally or check with amazon.com.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
In Greece all channels are digital but I can watch Pay-TV (I'm a subscriber) in Analog view ( I don't know why in Analog, but I can :) ) My TV Tuner can add this channel only in Analog mode. So, this kind of converter maybe doesn't work for me. I should keep searching.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That model on Amazon is for NTSC TV (North America) and will not work in Greece or anywhere in Europe. You might be able to find something similar on Amazon UK.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Thanks, can I use my Thunderbolt port as a MiniDisplay port and connect this kind of devices with which I'll be able to see digital TV ?

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Finally I put a signal amplifier and my image is not perfect but better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.