Formatting

Reaction score
I have over 100 Pages documents and I want to format them so they all look the same. How do create a format so I don't have to keep changing typefaces and sizes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do... but I think what you need is a template that you can base all your documents on. You can design your own template which can be formatted with all the special attributes that you desire. However, with documents that are already formatted there is no simple way to change them all to have the same fonts, margins, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Open a new document, set it up, Save it as Template1 or some more descriptive title. Use SaveAs to create a document with content, thus preserving your Template1 file.

I'm not sure if Pages has pre-loaded templates like Word does. In Word, it is possible to do the above in a more sophisticated way which makes it impossible to Save over your Template1 file, SaveAs being the only option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.