ipod wont turn off

Reaction score
hey guys....my pretty new video ipod wont shut off when i hold down the play button....any ideas why? any input will be helpful thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
set the menu to have sleep? (its the same thing, the ipod doesnt turn off unless it has been in sleep for quite awhile) go to settings > main menu > sleep > on, then use that. holding down sleep is a shortcut but i like to use this so i dont accidentally play my whole ipod. if it doesnt work restart your ipod by holding down the middle and menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
If you just unplugged it from the computer this is normal, the iPod is just accessing data from its hard drive and will be able to turn off shortly. I had this problem (even when it wasn't just unplugged from the computer) before I updated to 1.1, if you haven't done so already download the iPod updater.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks guys...i just restarted the ipod and worked lovely...guess everything gets its glitch....anways thanks guys i appreciate it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.