Mac Forums Deals, amazing

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
If there was ever a good reason to be on Mac Forums mailing list this is a great one. I would like to congratulate the team on putting together the last package. Ten really good fully licensed applications for less that the price of one. Naturally not everybody will want them all but I downloaded 5 and one was twice the price of the whole package. Very impressed, thank you.:):):)

Last edited:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For those wondering about the deal, it is here. There are a couple of interesting apps there, one of which I already have the trial of and have been seriously contemplating purchasing. I'll likely take this deal myself.

However, since what we usually see are complaints about something someone has purchased there, I would like to point out that none of the forum staff in particular take any credit for anything there. The site is run by Stack Social, of which Mac-Forums is an affiliate. What is made there helps defray the costs of keeping the forum going. Mac-Forums has no input into what gets advertised, the emails that go out nor what is sold there.

The login there is a login to your Stack Social account - it is not a login to Mac-Forums. We cannot assist you with anything related to buying, complaints, refunds, nor anything else. All support is through Stack Social. Please see this page.

As with every other site that makes it's living selling you stuff, there are going to be good and bad deals, good and bad products. So, buyer beware.

edit:
There is one particular bad one that advertises there - can't remember the name, but if you see one that promises thousands of royalty free images with a 7 day free trial with no obligations - pass on it. After you sign up for it, give your email and other pertinent info to the company to gain access to your free trial, then they tell you a CC # is required along with setting up auto billing at $60 a month before you get access to your free 7 days. What a scam.

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thanks for that info bobtomay, I guess I did assume this was a cost offsetting exercise to help fund this excellent forum but I did think that maybe the members had some input in perhaps vetting or suggesting the apps on offer so thanks for putting me straight there.
As with all software I do a bit of research prior to downloading anything so I just picked what I thought would be useful to me and gave it a try. Out of 5 apps I downloaded I have deleted 2 but the three I have left were worth much more than $20.00 and have proven quite useful so all in all I am very happy.
It's always good for me to remember though, that as an affiliate company they are just another online outlet with my email address vying for my dollar, albeit better than most.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
However, since what we usually see are complaints about something someone has purchased there, I would like to point out that none of the forum staff in particular take any credit for anything there. The site is run by Stack Social, of which Mac-Forums is an affiliate. What is made there helps defray the costs of keeping the forum going. Mac-Forums has no input into what gets advertised, the emails that go out nor what is sold there.

Thanks for mentioning that Tom. We certainly don't want to take credit for something good…since at the same time we DEFINITELY don't want to accept responsibility for bad stuff either (like MacKeeper)!!!;)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for mentioning that Tom. We certainly don't want to take credit for something good…since at the same time we DEFINITELY don't want to accept responsibility for bad stuff either (like MacKeeper)!!!;)

- Nick

Quite true. We get "Contact Us" inquiries fairly regularly from folks who want information about refunds, lost serial numbers, etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
By the way, the best app in that Summer deal (in my opinion) is iStat Menus 5. I already own it or I would have jumped on it. And thanks to Tom for explaining what has been a big pain for us when we try to respond to the complaints we get. Communicating with Stack Social has also been a bone of contention for some dissatisfied buyers.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I will say, I've made a few purchases from Stack Social and have had no issues there.

My personal practice when purchasing any software - especially packages like this:
The first thing I do is take a screen shot of all those serial numbers and then get everything downloaded and installed. Once that's done, it's time to open up 1Password and enter everything there so I always have those serial numbers. (I also maybe go over the top a bit because I'll make a backup of the downloaded software prior to installing any of them. Don't know why, I've never needed one of them... yet.)

C

chas_m

Stack Social licenses their deal packages to many Mac websites. The company itself is fine and the products they offer vary in quality, but there are certainly fine deals to be had and I've never had an issue with Stack Social or through the various licensees.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree that Stack Social itself offers some very good deals, however, some of our membership have had problems with them: Not answering inquiries, refunds, not receiving what they paid for or receiving something else instead. We receive the complaints through our "Contact Inquiry" forum and have to answer them through email. These are inquiries that our membership does not see or are even aware of. So before you give them your "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval", you need to know about their other side.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I can agree there. I have ordered a few bundles from them with no issues but I've answered quite a few of those inquiries myself.

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree about iStat menus, I don't use all of the options but the ones I do use are great. Look very good against the dark mode menu bar too. MEM and CPU are cool (eye candy I know) I guess I just like knowing what's going on. The battery menu though spent a lot of time "calculating" so went back to the native display.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.