Upgrade now to Yosemite from 10.9.5?

R

RonH

What problems should I today expect from an upgrade to Yosemite? I am still skeptical about upgrading? Best time of day to upgrade? Best to upgrade from Apple Support or Apple Store? Thanks!

OP
M

MacInWin

Most folks have no problems. If you use iPhoto, upgrade to the latest version now, before upgrading to Yosemite to avoid having to do more work later. I moved to Yosemite day one, have had no problems with it. If your machine is the one in your profile, you should have no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well the chooks may run around screaming 'The sky is going to fall'!

Seriously have used Yosemite since Beta 1 release June 2014 and it is rock solid and fast. Some had network problems earlier, but never had any of that. Suggest you have a minimum of 8GB memory and it is only available from the App Store using your Apple ID.

OP
C

chas_m

I'm having one issue with Yosemite, which I've mentioned here before -- Instant Hotspot between my 2012 MBP and my iOS devices is difficult to connect (between iOS devices, no problem at all). This *could* just be me, though. Other than that, I've found Yosemite to be much better than I initially expected. Really looking forward to the finished El Capitan (but to echo what I just wrote in another thread, AVOID this public beta initial release unless you are serious about working with beta software!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.