Weird problems with Numbers

Reaction score
It must be something with web coding because its not something that happens with all numbers on the web, but it does happen often (usually with headlines or links or something). I hit a series of keys a while back and I'm not exactly sure which ones I hit or how to make it go away, but my numbers and things like parenthesis also appear in boxes sometimes. These boxes almost look like a ticker and can make things hard to read. After dealing with it for a while, I'd like it to go away. Can anyone tell me the magic keystrokes to rid myself of the annoyance. I run OS 10.2.2 and I have a Macbook Pro. Thank you for the help! I can usually figure stuff out quickly as I've been using macs for about 10 years now, but I've been dealing with this for far too long and it's embarrassing :p

Y7PwqCHkkQoRvLuD8

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This is only happening on web pages not when typing numbers in other applications?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.