Prepare iMac to sell?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, that should work. It's the link we recommend reading before selling your Mac, iOS device, etc.

OP
Spellbinder
Reaction score
Yes, that should work. It's the link we recommend reading before selling your Mac, iOS device, etc.

Awesome. I was worried there may be an issue "downgrading" from 10.10.4 to Mavericks. But I guess all the necessary info is still included in "Reinstall OS X" in Disk Utility.

OP
Spellbinder
Reaction score
Can I create a "test" account for the prospective new owner to try the iMac? And if so, will the new owner need to create another account once he takes possession?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes you can create a test account, however, the buyer will need to convert that test account to a regular admin account under his name if he buys the iMac. Should be no problem doing that since no data will be updated or added during the test. When I gave away my 2011 iMac to my college age grand daughter, that's exactly what I did. When she received it, she just changed the account to her name.

OP
Spellbinder
Reaction score
Excellent. So change the account name and he or she os good to go.

Many thanks for the advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.