Strange Message Using Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
When I go to my AARP Account, I'm directed to this URL:

https://member.aarpmedicareplans.com/guest/login.html

After I log on I get this message:

The website “https://member.aarpmedicareplans.com” would like to use your current location.

Remember my decision for one day

Don't Allow Allow

And then I have to decide if I want to allow it, don't allow it or remember for one day.

Could there be a setting I'm missing? Maybe in security settings.

This only happening on this website.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Actually happens quite frequently when various sites wants to follow you. Up to you but personally I always click the never on the basis if they HAVE to ask it ain't good!

M

MacInWin

They want to know where you are so that they can send you ads for stuff in your general location. If you want ads for stuff in your general location, you can let them use your location. Otherwise, you'll get the ads anyway, but they'll be generic. I NEVER let anybody use my location if I can avoid it. None of their business...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I NEVER let anybody use my location if I can avoid it. None of their business...

+1 to that (Especially from organizations like AARP who have a million advertisers!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.