Unable to add or modify Google Accounts

T

Terry_C

My iMAC (OSX 10.10.4) is repeatedly notifying "Google Password Required" to be added to Internet Accounts in system preferences. I have 3 Gmail accounts and the one it asks for is the one that has calendar and contacts synced up (these are no longer syncing.) However, when I try to do this I get a grey drop down box with the spinning gearwheel i.e. nowhere to enter the account information.)

Neither can I add a new Google account - I get the same spinning wheel as shown below. I can add any other type of account though just not Google.

I've tried deleting and recreating the accounts in Mail but am unable to enter information in (Internet Accounts.) This started happening today after a return from holiday when the MAC was switched off.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: This is account specific, my Admin and the Guest Accounts are ok - anyone any ideas why this should be user specific and where to start looking?

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 15.51.50.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.