editing size of photos in PHOTOS

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to change the size of photos (pixel size) in the new Photos app. The only info I can find is for iPhoto. Help!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I cannot figure out how to change the size of photos (pixel size) in the new Photos app. The only info I can find is for iPhoto. Help!!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Now, I'm not a major user of Photos but when an image is brought into the app and the small 'Edit' icon (in the right upper corner) is clicked, the edit tools open to the right (see first image below) - noticed that a 'Resize' feature is not available - now when an image is 'Shared' like in a mail message, resizing choices may become available. Now others who know the app better than me might 'chime in' w/ a more definite solution.

Now, there is another app built into OS X, i.e. Preview that can easily 'resize' images and the program that I use constantly; of course, another step before bringing the image(s) into Photos - if you are not familiar w/ this feature of Preview, then see the second image below - open a pic, click on the 'Toolbox' (blue arrow), then click on the 'Resizing' icon (red arrow) which will bring up the dialog box shown. Dave

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 3.35.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 11.09.35 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.