iPad/iPhone and facebook

Reaction score
Long story short. Getting a divorce. My husband took the iPad and I have my iPhone. He is accessing my facebook all the time from our iPad, deleting out my friends, etc. I changed my password, but apparently the iPad simply just pops up my facebook. How can I change this from my phone?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Cancel your account and get a new account under a different name and password.

OP
N
Reaction score
My iPhone account or my facebook account? I did that open a new facebook account today. If I log into the new account on my iPhone, will it sync up to the iPad automatically again?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was referring to a new Facebook account which I see you already have done. And yes, if you log on to your new account via your iPhone it will sync to the iPad. Make sure that you also have a new Apple ID and password otherwise you will run into the same problem as before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I agree. If you had any accounts which you shared with your ex - or for which your ex knows the password - you are safer if you close the accounts and use a new one. Changing the password may not be certain of preventing the ex from accessing the accounts, as the ex can use the 'forgotten password' feature to reset them again.

Good luck :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.