error code received from hardware test on MBP

Reaction score
I having problems with my 2011 i7 MacBook Pro w/16gigs ram running OS X Yosemite. I did an extended hardware test and got this error message.

4mem/62/40000.ox82d04198

What does it indicate?

jerry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What does it indicate?

A problem with the memory modules. But before you start yanking or swapping modules, I strongly suggest downloading a comprehensive memory testing program and run it. Were you having problems and decided to run the hardware test?

MemTest OS X

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for replying,

Yes, It started running erratically. The mouse was doing weird things. Everything slowed down. Then the screen would go black or I'd get the blue screen of death or everything on the screen would freeze. When that happened. It wouldn't boot up, I'd just get the grey screen. I'd have to hold down the option key on startup to get back up and running. It would go for awhile and then everything would freeze, BS of D, or black screen. When it was running OK and I shut it down properly, it would start up OK and run for awhile before freezing. I thought it might be due to the extremely hot weather we've been having.

I held down the option and D key to start the Hardware test. The short test said everything was OK. The extended test came up with the error code.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.