MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2009

Reaction score
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2009

Since this is my first time ever using a Mac, I thought I would do a recovery on a recently purchased used MacBook Pro. So after doing some research, I erased the disc.

Than when I entered my iTunes id while trying to recover in "OS X Utilities", it displayed an error "This Apple ID is only valid for purchase in the US iTunes store.".

So than I created a new ID and now it shows me error "this apple id has not yet been used with the app store".

I also tried getting into Internet Recovery by pressing Option+Command+R but that does'nt show the globe or anything, just brings me back to "OS X Utilities".

I can't find no credible help on this so Please help!

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I also tried getting into Internet Recovery by pressing Option+Command+R but that does'nt show the globe or anything, just brings me back to "OS X Utilities.

This is not the way to do internet recovery. What you do is you press… command + r…during booting to get into the Recovery Partition (no option button). If this should fail…then the computer detects it…THEN it attempts Internet Recovery by itself. This also assumes that OS 10.7 or newer was installed.

Here's the Apple document on the Recovery Partition and Internet Recovery:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
It does go to "Recovery" successfully but I am not able to recover due to above mentioned reasons.
BTW, it shows "OS X Mavericks"

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.