question about monitors

Reaction score
I have a late model mac mini server. I have connected it to my HP 2509m monitor. When connecting to hdmi it looks terrible and blurry. I have to connect through a connector in the rear of the monitor to get anything better. it tells me I'm at 1920x1080 60z when connected through it. when I'm through hdmi i says 1080. But even the 1920x1080 doesn't look very clear. it looks blurry in the fonts. i tried turning off font smoothing and it doesn't help much. help please this is killing my eyes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have a late model mac mini server. I have connected it to my HP 2509m monitor. When connecting to hdmi it looks terrible and blurry. I have to connect through a connector in the rear of the monitor to get anything better. it tells me I'm at 1920x1080 60z when connected through it. when I'm through hdmi i says 1080. But even the 1920x1080 doesn't look very clear. it looks blurry in the fonts. i tried turning off font smoothing and it doesn't help much. help please this is killing my eyes.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Not sure that I can be of much help, but how long have you owned this product and is the poor resolution a new observation? Have you tried another HDMI cable? Have you contacted HP support? Seems like there have been a number of complaints on Amazon HERE about this monitor, so just another consideration. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.