water spill

Reaction score
newbie here!

Last week, I spilled some water (few drops) on my macbook pro 13". Lucky for me, the laptop is still is functional!:)

So I understand that we should never spill anything on our laptops, but this week of anxiously waiting for my laptop to die really got me wondering. Now I'm not saying I want my pro to work after I drop my 8 oz morning coffee, and I know it's not a "toughbook".

But if you're spending this much on a pro, how much do you expect to spill and still expect a functional laptop?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I understand that we should never spill anything on our laptops…

Yes…this would be a REALLY good activity to avoid!!!;)

But if you're spending this much on a pro, how much do you expect to spill and still expect a functional laptop?

Well…if you've got a LOT of money…why not buy about 25 MacBook Pro's…and find out.;)

You could start out by dropping one drop…and keep adding more & more drops until you've either run out of MacBook Pro's…or run out of water! Ha Ha Ha!;)

What a crazy question!;)

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
totally agree with you on the silly question!

But the curiosity was killing me and I really don't have a LOT of money;D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
totally agree with you on the silly question!

I'm glad you weren't offended by the "crazy question" reference. I was mostly kidding!;)

Almost no electronics can really be expected to withstand any predictable amount of liquid spilled on it. One MacBook Pro may perfectly be able to continue fine with one drop of water spilled on it…and a 2nd MacBook Pro completely shut down after a one-drop liquid spill.

It's not just about how much water is spilled…but where it is spilled.

Even though Apple computers may have high price tags…that doesn't mean they can withstand liquid spills of any amount…like a computer built to withstand environmental hazards (like dirt, water, or physical shock).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sometimes it may take a week or two to short circuit the logic board and sometimes if one is lucky it will miss entry to the board. Just have to wait and see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.