HP driver not compatible with update of OS 10.10

Reaction score
After mistakenly deleting printer driver (HP 7500A e910a), tried reloading printer software from orig. disk but now it can't load due to incompatibility with OS 10.10 Now I can't use my printer wirelessly! The error message indicates that the printer software (disk) is only good up to 10.6
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
After mistakenly deleting printer driver (HP 7500A e910a), tried reloading printer software from orig. disk but now it can't load due to incompatibility with OS 10.10 Now I can't use my printer wirelessly! The error message indicates that the printer software (disk) is only good up to 10.6
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Checkout this HP LINK for your printer - there is a recent e-Print software download and also a number of videos that may help you - in addition, there are options to visit the 'HP Communities' and to contact support. Let us know if this helps - Dave

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Been making backups? If you have, just restore the driver from your Time Machine backup. (You'll need to restore the entire HP folder.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
FWIW: I got a Software Update (Mavericks, if it makes a difference) for HP Printer Software Update version 3.1 a few weeks ago, and it's also available for download from Apple's support site.

Might fix things and get it up to date.

PS: I'd suggest Trashing any old HP associated printer stuff you may have installed first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.