Mail "from" line ?

Reaction score
I lost my email signatures when I signed out of my iCloud account. So I had to manually re-enter them all in Mail 8.2. Now, when I create a new email there is a "From" line that shows my name and email address. that was never there before. So I have To: Cc: Bcc: Subject: and From: Can I remove that From line?

C

chas_m

The "From" line has in fact been there for years, but you might not have seen it if you only had one email account. The minute you add more than one, the "From" option appears because you can opt to reply to an email from a different account.

EDIT: proof provided by this article from 2011:
http://best-mac-tips.com/2011/06/23/send-from-any-email-address-in-apple-mail/

and this unrelated image that shows an obviously older version of Mail with this ability:

sept11_8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I did, in fact, create an iCloud email account "by accident". If I delete / remove the ICloud email account in Mail / Prefs / Accounts will I lose my Signatures in my IMAP account? (As an contractor I for 12 different companies and have custom email addresses with each including company logos, etc. and it takes some time to re-enter all of those Signatures.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.