2 Updates Available. Can't Update.

Reaction score
My specs are under my avatar.

I have 2 available updates. App store seems stuck in a "checking for updates" loop. After I couldn't get it to work this morning, I left it while I was at work.Got home, it's still "checking."

Ideas?

20z4l1e.jpg

OP
Spellbinder
Reaction score
I just noticed. If I close the App Store and reopen it, it's a blank page and all options at the top, while clickable, do nothing. Just a blank page..

OP
Spellbinder
Reaction score
I found a solution. It has to do with the Garageband update. It's being discussed here. I restarted the iMac, opened App Store, searched for "Garageband" and downloaded the update manually. Did the same for (in my case) iTunes and iMovie. Then, I downloaded Yosemite 10.10.4. All is well and as it should be now.

C

chas_m

Apple released a dump truck of major and minor upgrades on Tuesday, it is no surprise at all to hear that upgrading was tricky. The servers were hammered big time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
I couldn't update yesterday but had no problem this morning. Must be as chas_m said

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.