Trouble Saving New Info, using Pages, Onto Old MS Word Docs.

Reaction score
Just got an iMac. Apple Store tech transferred my old MS WORD .doc files to the iMac, and I can type additions to some continuing documents in Pages and I can then print the new info...but I cannot seem to Save the new info in Pages. What am I missing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How are you trying to save the DOC files in Pages? Are you trying to keep them in DOC format or Pages format? If you're trying to keep the file as a DOC or DOCX file, you need to click on "File" from the top menu and then select "Export To" from the drop down menu. Then select "Word".

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you. Okay, so if I wanted to save the .doc document as a Pages document, then I would also export it to Pages doing the same thing you describe above? Either way, once it's exported and then saved, then I should be able to retrieve and print from it, right?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. If you wish to save the document as "Pages", just click on the save icon and the DOC or DOCX file will be converted and saved as a Pages document. No need to use the export to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.