Photos added to album, no edit

Reaction score
When photos are added to an album, edit doesn't work. When I push edit button, the topics blink on for a second, then fade. How do I edit photos added to an album from all photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
When photos are added to an album, edit doesn't work. When I push edit button, the topics blink on for a second, then fade. How do I edit photos added to an album from all photos?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide more information: 1) Mac computer owned, model/year; 2) OS X installed; and 3) Are you referring to iPhotos or the new Photos apps? Dave :)

OP
F
Reaction score
Edit photos added to album

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide more information: 1) Mac computer owned, model/year; 2) OS X installed; and 3) Are you referring to iPhotos or the new Photos apps? Dave :)

Mac Book Pro, OS X Yosmite version 10.10.3, Photos App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Are you selecting the (one) photo first before pressing Edit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, menu starts then fades after a second

Hello again - now, I'm not much of a user of the new Photos app - I like to bring my images into the 'Pictures' or 'Downloads' folders or onto the 'Desktop' (mainly screen captures), and then use Preview as my basic photo editing app (or Pixelmator for more serious needs).

But, I just opened one of my albums in Photos, and 'double-clicked' on an image which then enlarged - hitting the 'Edit' button in the upper right brought up the screen shown below - are those the actions you are taking? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 3.35.52 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
F
Reaction score
Yes, exactly, those are the steps. The edit comes on with most photos in Photo App. Just some where edit fades out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, exactly, those are the steps. The edit comes on with most photos in Photo App. Just some where edit fades out.

OK - so you are saying that most photos in your albums behave as I've shown, i.e. the 'Edit' feature is working - correct? For those photos that are NOT being opened for editing, are there any differences (e.g. file extension or permission restrictions like 'read only' - use the 'Get Info' on a photo that does NOT allow edit) between the others? Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.