MacBook Pro 2011 post water damage (I read through the sticky post)

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. Wondering if I could maybe get a better diagnosis on this problem. Long story short, Mac book pro 15inch i7 16 gig got some water spilled directly onto the keyboard. I did the whole song and dance of taking every piece apart I could and let it dry out for two days. For the first day it booted up fine and ran OK. Came home after a short run and it was at a black screen with the fans at full blast. Ever since, it will just click and fall into a boot loop. Sometimes it will get to the apple logo, but while booting it will make that click noise of shutting down and then fall back into the boot loop.

Would this be signs of a video card problem?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Usually liquid spills damage the logic board. And pretty much the only solution is a replacement.

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Usually liquid spills damage the logic board. And pretty much the only solution is a replacement.

- Nick

I figured that. I was just really hoping somebody had better news.

It is odd it can at least get to the apple logo every once in a while. Seems random though. I am assuming a new logical board probably runs pretty high?

OP
H
Reaction score

- Nick

I figured it was the logical board. I was hoping somebody may have had a quick trick or something :(

It is odd it can get past a black screen and to an apple logo every once in a while, although rare. I've seen 2011 logical boards run around 300. Would it be a wise decision to replace it? I figure its a gamble that everything else survived.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.