jw player error in OSX

Reaction score
I am getting an error message from jw players on all websites that use jw. It works fine on all my iOS devices just not my computer running OSX 10.6.8

Here is the message "error loading media, file not found"

Things I have tried,
1. restart
2. delete all internet data
3. uninstall chrome, mozilla, etc
4. reinstall browsers

Nothing seems to work, any help is appreciated this is pretty annoying a lot of sites I visit use the jw media player

Reaction score
Loading error- the version of the Flash plugin on your computer is require update for JW Player.File not found error- URL could not be found for your audio and video file.make sure you set related path is correct. And check if your webserver sends out the correct mimetype header along with the file.

C

chas_m

I think S.Wright misinterpreted what you're saying, thinking that your own personal websites that you administer are having problems. The fact that your iOS devices play it fine would suggest to me that the core issue is that you're on an obsolete, deprecated, and unsafe old version of OS X. However, before jumping into an update (which your machine may not even be able to run, depending on how old it is), there's a simple way to test whether my guess is correct: visit an Apple Store, Apple Dealer, public library, or anywhere running a Mac with a more modern OS version, and try to connect to the sites you visit that use jwplayer from there. If they don't have a problem, then the fault is with your outdated OS, and you'll need to upgrade.

If that is the case, let us know exactly what machine you have, and we can advise further.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.