Pandora on iphone 4 in Canada - works then stops

Reaction score
Since Pandora radio isn't available in Canada, I found this handy hack online, and it seemed to work... for about 30 seconds. I've flicked my VPN on and off (it connects just fine) a few times, as well as restarted my phone... but every time I open the Pandora app, it only works for about 30 seconds, and then I get the message "Cannot Connect to Pandora - please check your network connection and try again". My network is working just fine. Can anyone help with this?

Trick I used to connect to Pandora in Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8dQd-VYuU

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Without question, this is because you're attempting to use a trick to circumvent geographic limits. My advice would be to simply use a radio/music service that works here. You can set up Rdio or Spotify, for example, to play as a radio.

C

chas_m

Tomorrow at 8AM, you can update to iOS 8.4 and then sign up for Apple Music's three month free trial. In addition to streaming (nearly) every song in the iTunes Library on demand, there are completely free-of-charge genre radio stations, the (also free) Beats 1 radio station, and you can create your own custom radio station based on songs or artists you pick. And this will work in Canada without violating the law. So I'd suggest you give that a try.

OP
L
Reaction score
Last I checked... if you have an iphone 4, you can't install anything newer than ios 7 :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.