• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Out of all the cell phones youve had...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
which one is the one you favor the most and what service you love most. Also, does anyone have a sidekick 2? how would you rate it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
iWonder said:
which one is the one you favor the most and what service you love most. Also, does anyone have a sidekick 2? how would you rate it?

The BlackBerry 8700c is my current phone, and by far the best phone I've had to date.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
samsung sch a950 (i think that is its model number...it is that red mp3 one from verizon)...i like it because i have had it for 6 months and it has not broken yet like every other phone i have had
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
nokia 6820. i've dropped this phone alot and it's still tickin'. service has always been good with att/cingular. my only complaint is the crappy screen. i can't really rate other services cause i've only been with att/cingular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Out of the 20 or so Cellphones I have had, my current Motorola Razr is actually my favorite. I had a Sony Ericsson T637 that was a rock solid little phone as well. Once the new razr comes out with an actually functional 1.3mp camera I will like it even more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Out fo the 4 phones I had in the past My nokia 6600 is by far the best one I have owned. Its through T-Moble. Within the next couple of days though Im going to be getting the T-mobile MDA...So nice.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
My favourite phone has to be the current Motorola Razr V3.

The best phone for 'determination to keep going' was my Nokia 6310i. I dropped it in about 6 different ponds at various times over the 18months I had it. I dried it out every time and then every time it would switch on again afterwards. Eventually it did die on me but I suppose it is to be expected.

K

Kokopelli

I would have to call my QTek 9100 my favorite. Gadget lover syndrome. I really like the Razr though as a phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
just for fun, ill list the phones i've had since i turned 13:

Ericsson A1018S (lost in a bus (doh))
Nokia 5110
Nokia 3210
Nokia 3330
Nokia 3510
Nokia 3510i (adds color display)
Nokia 3220 (aka disco-phone)
Nokia N-Gage QD (yea i know, and i was orange too :p)
Sony Ericsson Z800i (3G)
Sony Ericsson K750i (borrowed it for about 2 months from the store where im working)
Sony Ericsson W550i (current one, fairly odd phone and a rare one too, Love it!)

Next: either:
Sony Ericsson K800i/K790i
or
Sony Ericsson W810i
---

heh seems like i went back to the system i started out with :D'

just too bad the W550i aint supported my Panther :( (no iSync'ing)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
I started out with CellOne, which transferred to Cingular. Had the Old Verizon Service, Went Back to Cingular. Plans got Expensive. Went to Sprint. Alot of my family had Sprint so it was free Sprint to Sprint. Then their "Spending Limit" Got to be a pain in the @$$ so i cut them loose went back to verizon. And Now i have Nextel for my work phone and Tmobile. Tmobile/Cingular have GSM Serivce...All Digitial unlike Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, THey have CDMA, its Digital/Analog. But GSM gets better coverage indoors.

But NOTE: All cell providers do NOT gaurantee COVERAGE INSIDE HOMES OR BUILDINGS. i had to fight with Verizon over that since Every other service worked in my house besides Verizon. So i had to let them go.

Ive played with the Sidekick, its cool. But the Packages and price...makes me a lil iffy on weither or not id get it.

Basically ive had every Service Provider in the book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Best phone ive had was the Ericsson T68mi, was an awesome phone!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Nostalgia time...I liked my Motorola StarTAC and Motorola V60i about equally. Both on Verizon Wireless. Both were simple, durable, and compact. The V60 was more complicated, but it worked as a USB modem with my PowerBook.

The Kyocera KX1 (also Verizon) I've been using lately isn't as straightforward as the old Motos, but the sound is clear, and it can pull in a signal pretty well. And frankly, I think it's simpler than the new Motorola models.

In contrast to my attitude toward computers, I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into a cell phone upgrade. I don't even send text messages. I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've had a bunch of phones. My favorite is the Moto RAZR although I have a PEBL now and I really like that.

As for services, T-Mobile for sure.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
i've had 2 Moto RAZR's, and one was ran over by a car. and i have Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
My favorite phones I have owned in the last 10 years has been my Motorola Timeport (2000) which in essence was a silver StarTac with a more colorful display. My current fav is my Motorola Razr. Sleek, does the job when I need it to. I also had a Sidekick II last year,, I have to say that it was a little ahead of its time. The perfect accessory for those who do not want a Palm based or Windows based SmartPhone. I was so desparate for one I convinced my ex-girlfriend to get one for me!! (no t-mobile service in North Carolina)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I've only used Verizon, but from my experience with them, if they are as good as people claim, I may as well stop using Cell Phones.

As for my phones themselves, I had a terrible Keyocera that I don't even want to talk about, and I know have a Samsung SCH a890. It's a really good phone. Bright backlight, nice volume, has V-Cast functionality, the web browser is easy to use, the keypad is easy to read, the camera has nice features (including an actual flash that works fairly well).

Only complaints are the restrictions on voice recording (only up to a minute; not very handy for recording speeches, etc. at debate tournaments, but good for memo type stuff), lack of bluetooth (which means no way to connect it to my computer), and battery life. This thing was one of the first to have V-Cast functionality, so obviously the battery life isn't that great.

W

_woody_

Best = Sony Ericsson K750i. Nice looking, well built, good camera, small, great battery life, good reception...
Worst = current work (SPV500) phone running "Windows Mobile" - utter garbage :mad:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.