All in One Printers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB
Was hoping for some all in one printer recommendations. We have a HP printer now but want to go wireless. My wife would like to be able to print photos, make copies,print envelopes for christmas cards, also be able to fax. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Was hoping for some all in one printer recommendations. We have a HP printer now but want to go wireless. My wife would like to be able to print photos, make copies,print envelopes for christmas cards, also be able to fax. Thanks in advance.

With such a broad question you are likely to receive numerous and different recommendations - a little googling on MF Color Printers (or AIO, i.e. All-in-Ones) will bring up plenty of hits - you might also want to search on Amazon, especially for reviewer's comments - below are just four hits w/ plenty of comparisons.

You need to decide on your price range, features desired (and the ones that are most important, e.g. good photo printing), ink costs, etc. I own a 2 year old Canon MF color Pixma - my main complaint is its slowness (which is often mentioned w/ many ink jet machines) and a relatively new Brother Laser printer; of course, other brands include HP, Epson, et al. Both of my printers have Wi-Fi built-in and are AirPrint compatible, if you need that function.

SO, no one will be able to simply tell you to 'get this specific brand & model' that will best serve your needs - really up to you to do some research on your own. Dave :)

Tom's Guide

PC Magazine

CNET Review

Top 10 AIOs

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I thought that after I posted the question. I have been doing a little looking around and it seems that a lot of the ones I am seeing have a CD that has to be used to set the printer up. My new iMac doesn't have a CD player so I guess I will have to buy that also. Also I guess they are all compatible with Mac's?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Yes, I thought that after I posted the question. I have been doing a little looking around and it seems that a lot of the ones I am seeing have a CD that has to be used to set the printer up. My new iMac doesn't have a CD player so I guess I will have to buy that also. Also I guess they are all compatible with Mac's?

Hello again - my MBPro & iMac are from early 2013 and neither came w/ an optical drive - I did buy an Apple SuperDrive at the same time, other manufacturer's drives are pretty cheap these days.

But, you should be able to go to the printer maker's website and download the software needed and check for firmware upgrades, e.g. below is information on Canon's website for my printer which include printer & scanning drivers; also other software, such as My Image Garden. Also, OS X comes w/ many printer drivers implying PnP (Plug and Play) capability, but I've usually loaded the software before plugging in the printer - others may have different advise. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 5.28.10 PM.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have been doing a little looking around and it seems that a lot of the ones I am seeing have a CD that has to be used to set the printer up. My new iMac doesn't have a CD player so I guess I will have to buy that also. Also I guess they are all compatible with Mac's?

Don't let the CD thing concern you. Almost always…the CD's included with printers are for use with Windows computers only (it was this way when Mac's still had optical drives). With Apple computers it's either plug & play…or follow the setup directions from the manual. And as RadDave mentioned…you have the manufacturers website as well.

Worst case scenario if you have trouble getting the printer to work. You return it & get another one (another brand). I've definitely done this before.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For what is worth having a good run from Epson and Brother WiFi printers, and software updates come durectly from Apple Software Updates.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For what is worth having a good run from Epson and Brother WiFi printers, and software updates come durectly from Apple Software Updates.

Thanks, I did notice that the Brother printers have a 2 year warranty compared to 1 year for all the others. I also went to the Apple store and looked at the ones they have for sale, which gave me some models that are compatible with iMacs.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My current WiFi printer is a Brother. It's a multi-function WiFi laser printer (not color). Setup was easy. So as a brand…I can recommend Brother.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.