MacKeeper technical support has infected my Mac.

Reaction score
Is MacKeeper known for planting bugs to mess up my Mac so I have to order it to get it cleaned up? Ever since I looked into MacKeeper, I have had nothing but problems with my Mac. Now I can't get into my email. Has there been any others who have had the same problems? Need help, where can I getthis issue resolved?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It might help if we knew a bit more about the problems you are experiencing. What Mac are you using and what version of OS X? Also it would help to have more detail about the following:

1. What problems are you experiencing other than not being able to get into email?
2. At any point in the process did you install MacKeeper or give their support people access to your system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Is MacKeeper known for planting bugs to mess up my Mac so I have to order it to get it cleaned up? Ever since I looked into MacKeeper, I have had nothing but problems with my Mac. Now I can't get into my email. Has there been any others who have had the same problems? Need help, where can I getthis issue resolved?

Well, Slydude has already given you some good advice - BUT, your first mistake was to install MacKeeper on your computer and now you need to exorcist the app - second, before your install software that you do not understand, check here before you take the plunge.

Look at this Link on the forum which may help; otherwise, google 'MacKeeper Uninstall' for help - good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded to my call for help, I will let you know what transpires.

Tador

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.